This is a recipe that was posted on Six Sisters but the recipe is from the unorthodox epicure I wanted to try it but I wanted a healthier version and this is what I came up with. I took it to my brothers family Sunday dinner and they all liked this salad.
Pasta with Olives and Avocado Salad
* 1 box or package of Pasta of your Choice, cook as directed on package or box and drain water off pasta.
Prepare the following with the avocados in lime juice and set to the side and add last to the salad.
*3 Avocados cut in chunks, avocados should be ripe but not to soft
*2 tablespoons Lime Juice
* 1 Container Grape Tomatoes or about 15 sliced in half
* 4 small Cucumbers, these were from our garden
* 1 can Black Olives drained, each olive sliced three times
* 1 Pepper of your choice (Bell Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Poblano Pepper, etc.) diced
*1 small to medium size red onion, diced
*1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
Mix cooled cooked pasta and prepare the above ingredients except for the avocados and lime juice in large mixing bowl.
Fresh Parmesan Dressing
*1 cup Greek Yogurt
*1/2 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
*1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
*2 packets Splenda or Sugar to taste
*Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix well the dressing and then add to the pasta mixture. Then gently stir in the avocados.
Refrigerate Salad an hour or two for better flavor.
We thought this salad was yummy!
**The Red Onion, Poblano Peppers and Pioneer Cucumbers are from our garden.
More from my site